Thursday, November 3, 2011

Everyday At Work ...

this picture rotates as one of the background pictures
on my computer.


Every time I get a glimpse I let out a large sigh.

See,
this picture always reminds me of
"Anne's House of Dreams".

When I see it
I suddenly feel a serious need to sit myself on one of those rocks
and read,
or chat with one of my kindred spirits,
or daydream about heroines named Cordelia.

It makes me want to
meander down the "white way of delight",
sit on the porch of Green Gables,
and verbally spar with Josie Pye.

I love that one simple picture can evoke
so many daydreams.



2 comments:

emily snyder said...

um . . i think every time you see this image, you should be thinking about boston and maine and how we could be at this lighthouse in just moments from my house.
PEI is just a 10 hour drive from my house too (or train. we could take the train.) oh, i think we need a spring or summer kindred spirits trip with mrs. dox!!

Trina said...

you really need to write a book. it would be fabulous!!!