Monday, April 6, 2009

I Am Feeling Giddy ...

because it is almost summer,
and in my world that means a lot of
beach, pool, and airplane time
which equates to a lot of time to
READ!!!!

(I think my obsession with summer reading began when I was little. 
My mom would make a poster
for each of us that had a place to write down 
100 book titles.
After we read all 100 books we got to go to
Disneyland.
I became so obsessed with filling my list
that I began knocking out a Nancy Drew book a day!)


Because I woke up excited about it this morning,
I got out the books I have been collecting
the last few months to read as I lounge in the suns' warmth.

But I am feeling like this stack is not
nearly big enough to fill my insatiable summer reading habit.

What are some of your favs?
I will definitely be adding a few oldies to the stack, 
but would love some good recommendations.

I just finished reading "Gilgamesh" 
and loved it!
I couldn't put it down,
and it was such an interesting story.

Here is to summer and some great pool side reading!

3 comments:

Nate Torrence said...

I agree - I can't wait until I can just relax with a book this summer

Jyll said...

I loved the book, "The Robe" by Lloyd Douglas. It kept me thinking about the Savior and I loved that. It is about the Roman Soldier who crucified Christ. Quite thought provoking for me.

Carrie said...

I would have to say, Teacher Man and The Unquiet Mind. I must say they are both autobiographies. I loved them both, for different reasons. But very fun. Have fun reading! Fall is my reading time because I've got school during the summer, got to love the track system. Have fun!!