Saturday, April 25, 2009

Rejuvenation ...

I had been cooped up all morning in my room, working on my talk for church tomorrow... and I needed a little break and some rejuvenation.

Then I heard the rain outside start falling harder and harder. I LOVE the rain! Love, love, love it! And since I was too busy/lazy to wash my car this week I figured I should go drive it around in the rain to give it a little bath.

Let me tell you ...

Driving in the rain
             +
a DC with orange from Sonic
     +
Giving my car an "organic" bath
(you know since I am going green and all)
     +
Belting out to "Lost In Your Eyes" by Debbie Gibson
     =
Serious Rejuvenation

Plus on the way home I got to watch the Springville police chase a guy down the street, knock him down, and handcuff him. It was like watching an episode of COPS! 

Now back to working on that talk ...

3 comments:

Danna said...

Ha Ha Ha, you crack me up Mel!! :)

Laurel Nelson said...

So not fair - you get to have Sonic there. I SOOO miss their Limeades...:(

emily snyder said...

wow, if that's the equation to incredible talk, then i need to do some work! and not too many police chases in apline, but i can definitely work on my organic car baths and adding DC to my life!

truly, your talk was powerful. i'm still thinking about it!