Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The One Thing That May Make Me Love Utah More Than California (But Just For Today)...

Today I had to register my car in Utah.

Which means I had to give up these plates
for these.
It was a hard thing for me.

And because of my last experience at the DMV,
I wasn't looking forward to having to spend my whole day off
kicking it with a bunch of weirdos and waiting for my number to be called.

(enter angelic strains of music)

The Utah DMV was AMAZING!
I walked in and it was clean and they had air fresheners!
I was greeted by a cute freshly scrubbed pony-tailed girl
who gave me a number and offered me a chair.
I sat down, got out my paperwork, and heard my number called.
What?!?
But I just sat down!

I walked to my window and was greeted by Peggy,
a cute grey haired woman in a cardigan and pearls
who asked me how she could help and then offered me a cookie.
A COOKIE!

She took my paperwork, asked me a few questions,
took my payment, and then told me to have a nice day.
Oh Peggy, I will!

The time it took from when I parked until I got back in my car
was a total of 12 minutes.
12 MINUTES!!!

Today I love Utah!


3 comments:

Laurel Nelson said...

Wow...wow...wow!!! A cookie at the DMV? Air freshener?? Prompt service?? Has hell frozen over??? Wow!

Trina said...

Amazing!

Sara said...

I have to say that when I had to register my car last year I had a very similar experience. I actually left work an hour early that day to give myself enough time before they closed. I was there 10 minutes! At least UT got something right!