Monday, September 28, 2009

The Perfect Fall Day ...

The minute I walked out this morning,
I knew it was going to be a beautiful day.

It was that slight crispness in the air,
and I could just smell fall.

Courtney and I went to the nursery and bought
a few necessities for the front porch.
I'll post pictures when it is done.

Next was a drive up the canyon to see all the gorgeous fall colors,
and to collect some twigs and leaves to decorate with.





I wish I had a better camera,
and I wish I was a better photographer ...

but the colors were breathtaking!





Too bad I live in a state where fall only lasts about 5 days.
It is supposed to start snowing this week ...
very sad thought for me.


We ended the night with a yummy fall dinner
made from fresh veggies we bought this morning that had just been picked.

It was a perfect fall day!

And now I am in my cozy flannel nightgown
and am ready for a perfect fall nights sleep ...

Sweet Harvest Dreams!

4 comments:

Trina said...

Oh I miss fall and the drive up the canyon! Thanks for taking pics :-) Bummer about the snow. At least your not sweating it out in the high 80's still though. I'm ready for fall!

Calli said...

I miss you when fall comes around.

Kristin said...

i wish we had that here in so cal! and your photo skills are superb :)

A.R. said...

Listen - I really did go to the Bonsai museum!!! It was awesome. Mostly it was a smallish area of the National Arboretum...It made me decide to have bonsais in my house someday! And LOVE the pics of the perfect fall day. Fall is a bit more of a process out here, no snow yet!