Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Conversation With My 16 year old Sister Emily ...

The following is a true story.

Setting: 2 sisters eating lunch at a restaurant

Me: I love this song!

Em: Who sings this song?

Me: I'm not sure.

Em: It's going to bug me until I remember.

Me: You'll have to Google it when we get home.

Em: Yeah, cause it is going to bug me.

Me: Imagine what my life was like when I was little and we didn't have the Internet to look things up.

Em: (in horror) What did you do?!?

Me: We just had to wait until we could go to the library and look something up in the encyclopedia.

Em: What is an encyclopedia?

Me: I feel really old!

4 comments:

Danna said...

Ah the fun of being old, but Emily will have her own old moment when she tells someone younger that she had actual chicken pox. I remember when she did because for months after if I had a pimple she was sure I had chicken pox! :)
Welcome to oldville Mel, just come hang out with my 9 YEAR OLD he'll remind you your old and point out your grey hairs too! :) You should hear the gasps when we talk about not having cell phones! Or air conditioning!

Danna said...

Ok just saying out loud to Dan that Emily is 16 (when recounting your funny conversation) made me feel even more old! 16!

A.R. said...

I'll never forget when I said something about Richard Gere to my 8th grade students and they all looked at me, very confused, and said "Who is Richard Gere?". And my joints crack when I get out of bed. Bummer.

Angela said...

Hilarious! I went to a Bon Jovi concert on Saturday night and it was a serious blast from the past. We talked about how when we were younger we would try and record his music on cassettes when we hear it on the radio. The internet is seriously a gift from God! I don't even know how we survived without it...but somehow...we did.