Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Redoing A Classic ...

There has been a lot of talk about the remake of
"We Are The World".

I think it is great to raise money,
but I LOVE the original.

I watched the "Making of We Are The World" video
over and over as a child.

So much so that even now when I listen to it
I can tell you who is singing and imitate what they are doing.
I know ... just another one of my AMAZING, yet useless, talents!

So I just wanted to take a moment to honor the original.
Back when Kenny Roger had his original face,
Michael Jackson still looked human,
Cyndi Lauper was still rocking the crazy pink hair,
Stevie Wonder was stealing sweaters from Dr. Heathcliff Huxtable,
Bette Midler had a REALLY bad haircut,
and the REAL Ray Charles was around,
not just Jamie Foxx playing Ray Charles.

Enjoy!


4 comments:

Carrie said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOuJ4tJ4mts

Life, Love and a Lil Sauce said...

Thanks Carrie!

Carrie said...

You're welcome.... I can't tell you how excited I am. I cried. I'm a weirdo, it's alright! :0) I loved We are the world when I was little. I think it's just going to be fun to have it around again, although it's always on my Ipod!

Lyndee said...

MISS you CRACK me up!!! Whenever I think of this video i always think of it on one of your Chalk mixes... I loved the Dr. Huxabul comment... you are so funny and witty as usual :)