Friday, September 3, 2010

Tonight I Spent The Evening ...

with my boyfriend ...

Brian Stokes Mitchell !

Just him and me
and a piano
(and about 1200 other people).

He came to sing me all of my favorite
Broadway songs.
Stars, Dulcinea, Wheels of A Dream ...
(I emailed him a list of my favs last week and
he was happy to oblige,
except for he didn't sing that excerpt from
Legally Blonde like I asked!)

And when he sang
"Some Enchanted Evening"
he totally winked at me.
(I totally saw him do it from my seat
high in the balcony.)

My fav moment was when he sang Soliloquy
from Carousel.
Love that song.
(I also loved it when Ben Newton sang it
oh so long ago at the Macys Theater competition
when I was a junior in high school
ALL the girls were SMITTEN with Ben Newton!
I wonder what happened to him ...)

His last encore was my all time fav ...
"The Impossible Dream".

If you ever drive by me and I am sobbing while I drive
there is a 99% chance that it is because I am listening to
him sing this song ...




Thanks Bri for a great night!

P.S.
If they ever make "Obama, the Musical"
I think you'd be a shoe in!

No comments: