Sunday, September 18, 2011

When I was 7 Years Old ...

we moved to California from Missouri.

We packed up our belongings,
and set off in our blue Astro van
for a long trek across the country
to our new home.

I'm sure it comes as no surprise
that I was somewhat of a dramatic child.

I distinctly remember sitting in the back seat of the van,
wearing my jelly shoes and staring out the back
thinking of all I was leaving behind.

I was especially sad to leave my best friend,
Leah Shantz,
behind.
We were in Brownies together,
so we had a special bond.

And so I did what any normal sad 7 year old would do.
I looked out the window and saw my reflection.
Then I made the saddest face I could,
propped my chin in my hands,
and sang "Somewhere Out There"
to my friend Leah.

I can still remember forcing the crocodile tears out
and feeling like I was creating the perfect moment.

So when I saw this video I giggled wildly,
because ...

well,
I know how Jimmy and Stephen feel.




(After watching this I love Jimmy, Stephen and Anderson SO much more!
So many of my boyfriends in one clip,
acting out a small part of my life story.
Tender.)

No comments: