Thursday, February 2, 2012

Following My Bliss ...

2011 was not my year.
I heard this song for the first time
last year,
and I giggled every time I heard it
because I felt that way about 2011.

So,
I knew I needed to shake up 2012!

I began by quitting my job.

After much fasting, prayer, pondering
and priesthood blessings,
I decided it was time for a self-imposed
summer vacation
in the middle of winter!

Last week I moved back to California!
It will be temporary.
I am going to enjoy a few months
of rest and relaxation,
and work on a few projects that I have wanted to do.
And then I will begin resuming normal life.
I just figured I might as well enjoy a little break while I can!

I have made up a list of things that I want to accomplish.
It is entitled
"My Lady of Leisure List".
I am excited to cross some things of my list
and enjoy a slow pace of life for a little while.

Here's to 2012!


4 comments:

melimba said...

oh my word! amazing!!! can'y wait to hear/see all that goes on your list this year! New Beginnings, indeed!!! congratulations on making the leap!!!

Danna said...

You are awesome Mel! I can't wait to hear about your adventure! If you need a little Reno vacay come on up! I'll even kick Riley out of his room for you!! ;) XOXO

emily snyder said...

hip hip hoooray! how is it going!?! i just imagine you eating oranges from the tree and grilling asparagus all the time!

Trina said...

Wow!! You are amazing! How exciting! I'm so glad you are enjoying a break while you can. I don't know how or why you lived in the snow for so long. I bet your mom is so happy. We need to meet up for lunch. I think the Ice Box is calling our names!