Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Me And Martha ...

Today was my day off.
I slept in and awoke with that wonderful feeling
that comes when you have a whole
day ahead of you with nothing pressing to do.

Then I started perusing the Internet, and
came across Martha Stewarts calendar
for March 2010.

The list of things she had scheduled for today were:
Order manure
Wax floors and clean area rugs
Clean window treatments
Restock cleaning supplies
Plan Seder menu

So I did what any Martha-lover does ...
I ate breakfast in bed while watching 2 episodes of Lost.
I laid in bed while catching up on blogs.
I showered and let my hair dry in Velcro rollers while watching Bonnie Hunt.
I laid in bed and finished reading "Anne's House of Dreams".

Now, before you go thinking that I am lazy
I did wash my sheets and remake my bed.
I went coupon shopping and got some great deals.
I tried a "natural/non-toxic" (kind of like a science project) trick to
de-clog my shower drain.
I cleaned my bathroom.
I tidied up my bedroom and vacuumed.

Somehow, though, I still feel guilty that I didn't plan my Seder menu.

4 comments:

Dave, Pam and Co. said...

Shame on you for not planning that whatchmacallit menu! What in the heck is Seder. Martha needs to get a life. A REAL life!

Heather said...

Oh my goodness... my life is so different from Martha's. One day I planned to get all the laundry done. That was my only goal. And I didn't even do a lick of laundry. Sigh...

I would go for reading Anne's House of Dreams in bed though! Good relaxing!

melimba said...

now and forever... you will always kill me.

i love your posts.

i don't even know what seder is.
martha bugs, yet I still like her kind of. but, no, hate her kind of too.

i love that i saw you and your coupon clippin' sister in utah.

lots of love to the miss chalk.
xoxo
melis

Rebecca Woolston said...

wow I am late at commenting but loving this post and continually hating martha's calendar.