Monday, January 17, 2011

I Let Levar Burton Down ...

One of my goals for 2010 was to read 75 books.
Then in May I was called to serve with the Young Women
at church
(which is a full time job)
and
suddenly my free time was dramatically decreased.

And I ended up only reading 33.
(sad day.)

My goal for 2011 is to read 35.
(I now know my limitations.)
I have promised to allow myself the luxury of at least
15 minutes a day of "fun" reading.

And so I give you,
in no particular order,
my top 10 fav books read in 2010.

1. The Forgotten Garden
2, Sarah's Key
3. The Book Thief
4. Shiva Dancing
5. The Elegance of the Hedgehog
6. The House at Riverton
7. I Capture the Castle
8. The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox
9. Saving CeeCee Honeycutt
10. The entire "Big Stone Gap" series

3 comments:

Trina said...

Ooh, thanks for posting. I got a Kindle for Christmas and can't wait to download some of these reads. I've loved everything you've recommended!

emily snyder said...

amen to trina's comment! i feel like you should have a list on the side of your blog with your favorite books please :)

i miss you!

Danelle Robins said...

Are you talking Reading Rainbow Levar, or Star Trek-funny-headband-eyepiece Levar?
Because I think both could apply here.