Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dear August,

I welcome you with open arms.
If I could,
I would give you a huge hug
and a noogie.

July was rough.
It brought
Girls Camp,
a dislocated tailbone,
youth conference,
a nutty work schedule,
a broken tivo,
and very little free time.

But you!
You bring the promise of
a girls weekend with one of my nearest and dearest,
a healed tailbone that allows me to bend at the waist again (!),
a 13 day vacation to Cali,
my toes in the sand,
free time to catch up on reading,
and the opportunity to sleep in!

I love you already.
Don't let me down!

Love,
Momma Needs Some Downtime

2 comments:

Dave, Pam and Co. said...

Melissa, do me a tiny little favor. WRITE A BOOK! I love your blog posts!

Trina said...

Hilarious! Call me when you're in Cali so we can meet for lunch!