Monday, December 15, 2008

Portrait of A Blogstalker ...

Yes I'll admit it ...
I am a blog stalker.

I have found many that I love.

The other day I had an embarrassing experience ...

I was walking out of an office building when I saw a woman whom I recognized from a blog that I frequent ...

Before I even thought I flashed a giant smile and said "Well Hello there!" 
in a voice that sounded like we had been BFFs since 3rd grade and still spent time reminiscing about Brownies and our weird elementary school librarian together.

She gave me a look that said "I don't know you. Please quit stalking me."

I finally realized ... she didn't have a freaking clue who I was.

I flashed another smile and quickly walked away before she saw my face go red with mortification.


4 comments:

Laurel Nelson said...

Too funny - I'm a bad blogstalker too, but I've never seen anyone from a blog before we were formally introduced. A lady in our stake has a very popular blog - www.scribbit.blogspot.com, and she came to an enrichment night, but that's the only time I've met anyone from a blog who I didn't already know.

melimba said...

i am laughing my face off right now.
hA! I can TOTALLy picture that situation, and I love it.

you kill me.
i know I have told you that before, but it is STILL true.
hA!

a confession that we can ALL imagine. We are all stalkers. (that was deep, wasn't it?)
xoxo
melis

p.s. guess who's coming to utah in 2 days? YOURS TRULY! are you going back to California? what's your story? I've been missing the REAL-IN-PERSON-melissa, although, the blog has been a sufficient substitute for the time being. So, you in for a "good time"??
let us know.

emily snyder said...

i sooo love that!!!
i want to know what blog it is!! when do you leave again?? you were missed at the zarbock Christmas open house!

Anonymous said...

Around here, I keep seeing people from reality TV, and I have had to stop myself from calling out their names and asking them how things are going since the show