Saturday, October 17, 2009

Middle School Envy ...

My friend Jyll and I had a little craft night the other night.
The minute she pulled out her bag full of projects,
I gasped!
I was immediately thrown back to middle school,
and was green with envy because she carried this ...

an ESPRIT bag!!!

I gasped out loud when I saw it and shouted "AN ESPRIT BAG!!!"

I ALWAYS wanted an ESPRIT bag.
When I was in 6th grade it seemed like all the cool girls in the 8th grade had them,
as well as those large crocheted sweaters that were pretty much see through.

In honor , we listened to the 90's station on my satellite radio,
and jammed to Kris Kross and Mr. Big.

For your enjoyment ...



3 comments:

Cicely said...

Wow. I had BOTH the ESPRIT bag and an oversized, loose-knit sweater! I didn't realize I was so cool. I wasn't, actually. Why not? No UGGS.

Danna said...

Oh I had light blue Esprit bag and I loved it...I wonder where it is?

Jyll said...

If it makes you feel any better...I never got the oversized sweater. I use that bag for my groceries and I only get comments for the more "mature" baggers. Are we that old that the younger one don't even know what they are?? So sad.