Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It Never Feels Like Christmas To Me ...

until I attend the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert.
It is one of my favorite things about this season!

It is always decorated SO beautifully,
and I always want to play "How many poinsettias can you see?"
because seriously there have to be a few thousand.

This year the guest artist was Natalie Cole.
A little sentimental for me since she was the first concert I ever went to,
but I have to say the years have caught up to her.
She didn't sound as good as she once did,
and her face looks like she has had a little too much nipped and tucked.
But she did rock her bejeweled/Swarovski crystal microphone!

My other fav part of the concert is always seeing
the Lights at Temple Square afterwards.
I love bundling up and walking around seeing all of the glorious lights,
the luminaries and the nativities from around the world.
(although I will say the Scandinavian nativity creeped me out a little
because the baby in the manger looked just like Dora the Explorer.
I just knew if I turned it over I would see her backpack!)

It was a great way to kick off the Christmas season!

2 comments:

Calli said...

Hmmm. Maybe I'll have to take Max to see that Nativity. He loves Dora...and her Backpack! Fun to bump into you!

melimba said...

nothing like a bedazzled microphone to make up for a voice. :) That's always my trick. :)

And, I am surprised you didn't waltz on over to that baby Jesus and see if he had a backpack on. YOU KILL ME!!!!

Is that even legal to think such thoughts about a nativity? hA!! Love it!