Monday, November 29, 2010

Last Week I Lost A Close Friend ...

my hairdryer.

It started smoking while I was straightening my hair,
and I took that as a bad sign.

For someone like me,
who straightens their hair,
a hairdryer is an ABSOLUTE necessity.

I hate having to hair dryer shop.
You never know how strongly it is going to blow.
I don't want a wimpy dryer that feels like an elf is blowing my hair dry.
I need to feel like I just put my head in a jet propeller!
I want to dry my hair as fast as possible.

Let's be honest ...
what I really want is one of those machines Judy Jetson had
where she walks in one end with wet hair
and comes out the other dressed, coiffed, and perfectly perfumed.
(That Judy Jetson gets everything!)

Luckily, I found a good hair dryer and I am very happy.
But I will miss my dear friend with the retractable cord,
and bendable handle.
We spent a lot of good mornings together.

1 comment:

Danelle Robins said...

Ah, yes. This reminds me of the passing of my 1987 crimper "Vidal Sassoon." You may remember it in the Orem household. Ole' frenchie had become disemboweled that one day and I share in your loss. I guess this is what mourning with those who mourn is all about. Hope that wasn't too sacrilegious.