Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My New York Walden Weekend (Part 2)...

The one thing I really wanted was to see Central Park in the fall.
Em and Dox kindly obliged.


I was grateful the city warned us of the rabies threat.
Because what I really wanted was to find a raccoon
and snuggle with it!

It was the opening day of the skating rink!
It was so quintessential NYC to me.
We especially enjoyed the middle aged
Abercrombie dressed man who thought he was Brian Boitano.
He kept us entertained for awhile.

Such a great view!

My pictures don't do the colors justice,
but take my word for it ...
they were beautiful!

So was the fanny-pack wearing
roller blading woman
who was putting on quite a show!




I was SO tempted to run away with the jazz band and
spend the rest of my life as their groupie.
Serious talent!


More roller blading lady.
She was everywhere!

The lake!
It totally reminded me of Anne and Gilbert.




We sat and dreamed of the day we could live in
a gorgeous penthouse overlooking the park.


We were disturbed by the creepy
street performers.

But my fav part was sitting and enjoying the view while
listening to these two breaking up.
I had to bite my lip to keep my self from laughing.
I kept whispering the play by play to Em.
My favorite lines:

"Anne saw you at the club with someone else and she said she was wearing booty shorts.
Booty Shorts!"

and

"My mother has never liked you."
"Your mother is our problem!"

Sadly, they left before any resolution was reached,
but we saw him sadly staring into the pond later and he was alone,
so I am thinking that the booty shorts won.

Thanks again to Em and Dox for a GLORIOUS weekend!

3 comments:

Rebecca Woolston said...

buh-uteeful. Ok who takes someone to overlook a lake when they are going to break up? Seriously. Do all men/boys have stone cold hearts?
-Yes I realize I just assumed that it was him breaking her heart. So sue me.

Dave, Pam and Co. said...

Between your adventures in New York and my daughter's adventures in Paris I am able to live vicariously and see the world! Such a fun trip! Such a fun post!

Em & Dox said...

Okay, so I think that lil' girl with the mom that was too involved in playa's game (our Central Park couple) probably ran off with the Abercrombie skater. He seemed more her estilo.
Come back soon to me!!! If you think you are codependent, then what am I?