Thursday, November 4, 2010

My New York Walden Weekend (Part 1)...

I spent a GLORIOUS and blissfully perfect weekend in NYC a few weeks ago.

I flew out to surprise my best friend Em for her birthday.
Em and I have ALWAYS wanted to be in the city together,
so it was fun to be able to finally see it
come to pass and cross it off the list
of things to do before I die.

And now that she lives there,
I know that there will be many more blissful weekends
to come!

(We are too co-dependent to be apart for too long!)

Em and her adorable hubby Dox, live in a FAB apartment
in the Financial district.

After taking a late flight and surviving a cab ride
where the driver thought he was playing Mario Kart
on the bridge ,
I arrived to the apartment about 1 am.

We cried and took a moment to catch up and then quickly fell asleep.



This is the view I woke up to!
They have an AMAZING view of the Trinity church graveyard
which is one of my fav things in the city!

I loved hearing the bells ring from the tower!


That is Wall Street people.


This is THE most comfortable bed I have ever slept in.
I am a serious Tempur-Pedic believer now!

Shout out to Dox for giving up his bed!

Friday was Ems' birthday,
and Dox sent us to the spa for pedis!


We went to Bliss Spa,
and enjoyed the brownie bar
and FABULOUS pedis from
Svetlana and Jane.

They told us how lucky we were to not have Russian husbands
who take off with credit cards for days at a time and gamble.

I love pretty toes!

We fell in love with the red brick
at the 49th street subway stop.

And we loved it even more
when we saw the sign that reminded us of our
beloved Rhonda from "The Starting Over House"!

We shouted out to the universe to see one famous person that day ...

and it worked!

We ran into Tom Selleck!

We saw "Promises, Promises" with Sean Hayes, Kristen Chenoweth
(another thing to check off my list!)
and Molly Shannon!
We laughed and had perma-grins the WHOLE show.
It was so much fun!

The coca-cola sign in Times Square made everything feel complete!

The only thing that would have made it better is if Em Snyd had been there!
(We missed you!)

Part Two to come ...

1 comment:

Em & Dox said...

THIS MADE ME CRY! This was the most perfect weekend of life...and, btw, thank heavens we don't have Russian husbands who gamble our feet laundering money all away to the Trumps...Just saying.
I MISS YOU!