Saturday, February 26, 2011

Confession ...

I totally went to the Justin Bieber movie last night.


That's right.
I saw it.
In 3-D.
(LBH ... if you know me really well this is not surprising you.)

And I am not going to lie.
I LOVED it.

I have not been a big Bieber fan.
But I found myself with a BIG cheesy grin on my face the whole time.

It was cute to watch how happy his family,
and his "people" are for him.

And I loved watching all the screaming girls.
I kept giggling at their cute adolescent reactions.

It took me back to when I was little,
and LOVED certain groups
and stars.

You know how it was.
I was never the screaming/hysterical crying kind,
but I did have a Michael J. Fox poster
and I did save my babysitting money
for that Saturday visit to the Sam Goody in the mall
to buy the latest cassette single from
"The Party".
or "Boyz II Men".
(who were totally in the Bieber movie!)
or "Color Me Badd".

And I did attend multiple
'NSYNC concerts.

And I did lose my voice screaming at the Clay Aiken concert.
But I digress ...

Bieber is talented.
His family seems to have kept him grounded up to this point.
I loved hearing all the reactions of the little girls in the theater.

And I totally bought a bunch of Bieber on iTunes last night.

And I am not ashamed to admit it!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I LOVE that you know "The Party"! :0)

Leanne said...

Oh, Miss. You should have called me. I can't find anyone over 15 who will go with me!

Unknown said...

Ok, ok, ok. So many comments . . .
First of all, your comment about never being the screaming/crying kind of girl--you did know you were talking about yourself there, right? Second, you neglected to mention that when you attended the 'NSYNC concerts and screamed at Clay Aiken's concert, you were in your 20's. So in my mind, I'm going to picture you at the movie, in your Bieber t-shirt, screaming and crying with everyone else. And that, dear Miss, is why I love ya.

Life, Love and a Lil Sauce said...

Melanie!!!! You know me to well. I believe I also screamed and cried when you would wake me up with your Christina Aguilera dance!

emily snyder said...

hello!! did you know that TODAY is his birthday??!?! so not prepared for this!