Saturday, February 5, 2011

I Have Been VERY Sick All Week ...

I'm talking fever-induced-delirium,
throat feels like I swallowed A LOT of razor blades,
head is under water,
200 lb wart hog laying on my chest,
my germs laugh at Nyquil
sick.
The kind of sick that makes you dream of
the good old days
when you could breathe,
had a voice,
could laugh without breaking out into
an emphysema like coughing attack,
and could face people without the fear of the
out of control snot fountain
shooting out of your nose.

I woke up sick Monday morning,
and have been battling all week.

It has been that kind of sickness that is the worst
because I was so achy and tired
that I couldn't do anything.
Like suddenly holding up my paperback book was like holding
a 50 lb weight.
And my underwater head couldn't comprehend the words on the page anyway.

And so here comes my gratitude for the week.

I would like to thank that fabulous person that thought up ...


the DVD box set.

Thank heaven I could pop in a DVD to entertain me.
It was nice to come to,
in between my fever induced coma and coughing spasms,
and spend some time with Kirk and Miss Patty.
Nothing is more comforting than some Luke,
and some witty banter.
(Misery ALWAYS loves a little Stars Hollow company!)
And the box set allows it to be there whenever you need it!

Dear Inventor of the DVD Box Set,

Thanks for making my sick week
a little easier to get through.

Sincerely,
Really Glad I Woke Up This Morning
With The Ability to Breathe Through Both Nostrils



5 comments:

Dave, Pam and Co. said...

Melissa, I'm so sorry you're down and out! Hope you're up and about soon. And keep blogging so I can keep stalking! You are the best blogger ever!

emily snyder said...

shut up!! our course we are best friends! i have had the same thing!! craziness!! but, alas. i have no boxed set of gillmore girls. blast. i've got to get on that.

did watch a few episodes of off the map - have you watched it??!!

Danna said...

Oh I love you! Thanks for the giggle, so sorry you where down hope your mended with no relapses!! :) XO

Becky said...

Listen, I just bought Season 2 and swore under my breath that you introduced me to these ladies!
ps Thanks

Lyndee said...

You have such a way with words. To describe something as uncomfortable of being sick, with such light and fun humor, you really should be a professional column writer:) I feel your pain of being sick, just wish I had the DVD boxset....