Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Love Her? Love Her Not?


 Listen! I have a serious love/hate relationship with the O! Last week I was so over her that I vowed to delete her from the tivo. There are moments where she drives me crazy! For example: 
       * she always makes the cover of her magazine ... and let's be honest... there is a lot of air brushing!
*she does some sappy sad video montage to her dead dog, and then when the camera cuts  back to her she has to go to commercial because she is too emotional to speak... It's a dog!
*Sometimes I think she secretly thinks she is god and rules the world. Hate to break it to you O... just because your book club makes such a fuss doesn't mean we all need to bow down to ya!
*Just because you're skinnier than you used to be doesn't mean you can wear any outfit.
*She's friends with Tom Cruise AND John Travolta! Really?
*Her theme song used to be "I'm Every Woman"
*She hates singing in the car during road trips. The blasphemy!


But then there are days like today where I sit down to watch a few on the tivo and I find myself loving her and remembering all the reasons why...

*She has taught me what bra and jeans I should buy.
*She crowned some nice lady named Fanny queen for a day and then let my boyfriend Nate Berkus redo her house in New Orleans!
*She introduced me to my new favorite thing... My SIGG water bottle!
*She LOVES my man Obama!
*Her favorite things show! Many have become my favorite things too!
*Gayle!
*I secretly enjoy her awkwardness when people try to hug her.
*There have been countless times when I have found myself sitting on the couch crying as I watch her show.

So I will continue to tivo her, even though last week I vowed I was cutting her off.  Today there are just too many good things outweighing the bad.

2 comments:

The Pratts said...

I will say, I do not watch her, she is a little power crazed and it freaks me out a little. But I will say she is very generous with what she has and that is great. I don't HATE her, I just don't tolerate her well - but for anyone who knows me, who do I tolerate well?. Also, let's be honest... if you had your own magazine, wouldn't you always put yourself on the cover and wouldn't you ORDER the editor to airbrush the heck out of everywhere ...I would! But maybe she should talk to her bud Tom Cruise about overexposure.

PS Do you notice her Protégé Rachel Ray also makes the cover of her mag EVERY month. Annoying!

Unknown said...

Can you imagine an Oprah and Melanie hug? Oh, how the awkwardness would abound! It's time to reinstate National Hug Week! (But not at the the workplace this time. I like my job.)