Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Me and Bette Midler ...

As I was watching this vid that my cute BFF Em Larsen sent me today to cheer up my day, I realized one thing.

I am SO grateful that You Tube wasn't around when I was 11. Otherwise there would probably be a few videos out there of me playing the piano and singing my heart out. 

When my parents would  leave me home alone with my siblings, or by myself, I would put on my favorite shirt with the long chiffon sleeves that I bought at Charlotte Russe, open every window and door in the house, and play (out of my big note movie songbook)  and sing "From A Distance" at the top of my lungs.

I just knew I was going to be discovered.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Natalie and I would have been on there singing "Everything I do I do it for you"... there is a recording out there somewhere on a tape of it. lol!

melimba said...

i can TOTALLY see you doing that! I don't even have to stretch my imagination... you with your sleeves and big note piano book (i love that we had the exact same book).
good work.
go melissa, go.

Jyll said...

Let's be honest Miss! You have to be glad they didn't have You Tube while you were growing up, because you would've failed all your classes cause you couldn't get your homework done.