Monday, May 19, 2008

Everything I need to know I learned in kindergarten ...

Today a friend and I were discussing all the great (and not so great) teachers we had throughout the years. I reminisced about my kindergarten teacher Ms. Myers. She had one arm and taught us how to tie our shoes ... i thought it was pretty amazing. I also remember making an art project out of aluminum cans she had brought from home. I remember contemplating why so many of them were Budweiser cans and being worried I would get in trouble for bringing a beer can home. (Don't worry ... we covered the cans with squares of brightly colored tissue paper and that weird glue/borax concoction that was so big back in the elementary school days.)

But sadly Ms. Myers fell out of my good graces when she sent me to time out for riding the silver tricycle too recklessly while singing Tina Turners' "Whats Love Got To Do With It" at the top of my lungs. She just didn't appreciate my talent. Our relationship was never quite the same after that.

3 comments:

Cicely said...

I consider myself blessed to have happily stumbled upon this blog. I am nearly weeping just remembering what a funny girl you were, and still are. I shall bookmark this blog and check it often when I need a lift! :)And just a heads up... my husband is cute, and was in IP classes. Um yes.

melimba said...

ok, why have i not known about your blog sooner???
i am dying. I am laughing so hard. I love picturing you as a little miss chalk. LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

ok the tricycle thing is hilarious and thats SO YOU! not too many yrs after that, I met you and we played oregon trail on the super high tech computers!