Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Really?

I was very disturbed tonight by images seen on American Idol. They showed David Archuleta (a local Utah boy) being greeted by the mayor of his city.





Forward to about 1:22 to see the mayor. Really ? Is that really what we want people to think about Utah? That shirt? That mustache? I can NOT handle it! You'd think he would have a stylist that would help him look appropriate when representing! (PS ... I cannot handle that in the letter he read from Paula she signed it Forever Your Girl... for the love.)

On a lighter note I fell in love tonight. Apparently, I am easily won over by Aerosmith and a small orchestra of strings. So David Cook.... tonight you won my heart.





Granted he was a little pitchy at parts, but then there were moments of brilliance. I finally have someone I want to watch .... and next week is the finale! Such is life ...

2 comments:

Rebecca Woolston said...

Melissa! no no no. David Cook is going down. This is a vocals contest and Cook just doesn't have it- lil' Davey Archuleta blows him out of the water. For every happy feeling you have for Cook, I have voted 7 times more for our Utah boy. Anyway- at least we can agree on the mayor's nast nast nasty appearance. When I saw that last night I thought oh my lands- who is the farmer hick that got to read David his letter?

The Pratts said...

I would like to confirm that the mayor DID NOT have a mirror to check in the morning when he left his house. SAD but TRUE! As for the singers - I am not an Idol fan, so i can't tell you who I prefer... good luck to all!