Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Thank Goodness for You Tube!

I have a confession to make. I've had my tivo set to record Reading Rainbow for the past few months. Why you might ask? Because I have been obsessed with finding one episode that I remember so fondly from my childhood. Well tonight I found it on You Tube! 

I loved this scene as a kid and can still sing the words to this day! After seeing it I wanted to have teamwork ...  and a shirt with a letter on it! I remember acting it out in my bedroom and pretending I was the stressed out waitress. (Shocking, I know) I miss the good old days of Levar Burton (pre-Star Trek). I miss watching a book come to life. I miss having weird over confident children share their favorite books with me (why were they always so awkward?!). It was definitely one of the best shows of my childhood. But you don't have to take my word for it ...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's quite the clip. Why am I not surprised that you love that so much? It actually reminded me a lot of working here at the DB. Do you think Zac Efron patterned his High School Musical character after Levar in this clip? Troy Bolton? Levar Burton? Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.