Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Day!



I was shocked and thrilled tonight when my boyfriend won American Idol! I really thought that Archuletta had it in the bag! I screamed outloud ... I know kind of pathetic and joyous all at the same time! I know you have all been waiting for my thoughts and musings about the finale so here goes.
1. I loved hearing the ladies sing one of my fav songs ... Last Dance with Donna Summers. But did anyone notice Seaacrest trying to bust out some break dance moves? I got the SERIOUS D.O.C.s (For those of you not around me enough to know my lingo, the DOCs are the Donny Osmond Chills. You know when you watch Donny and he thinks he is funny, but he is not and you get that uncomfortable butt clenching awkward feeling. Those are the DOCs.) Let's hope that was Seacrests last dance!

2. What was Paula wearing? And why does she ALWAYS have to stand up? It bugs!

3. I love Jordin Sparks just as much as the next person, but I did not enjoy the life size Barbie dress she was sporting. She needs to fire whoever lied to her and told her it looked good.

4. I loved the Gladys and Pips number. I have the biggest crush on Jack Black! I was laughing so hard.

5. I think George Michael needs to give a great big thank you shout out to Eli Stone for ressurrecting his career. (And I can't wait until that show comes back!)
6. My two favorite quotes of the night came from my roommate Courtney. 
"Why do people wave their arms back and forth in the air? It makes me SO angry!"
And when we were talking about whether we thought Archuletta would serve a mission for our church or if it would be hard to find a place where he would not be mobbed she answered "If Prince Harry can go to war, David can go on a mission." Point well taken Court.

All in all it was a great night and I was very pleased with the results. Now for the best show ... SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE!

No comments: