Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Cruel Twist of Fate ...

It is a pretty well known fact 
that I have endometriosis and poly cystic ovarian syndrome.
(I know, lucky me, right?)

After I had a major surgery for it almost 5 years ago,
I joined an endometriosis society
so that I could stay on top of the latest and greatest.
And although there are a few weirdos involved,
and they did try to sell me a tote bag
that said "I have endo!" on it,
(Where is it ever OK to carry that around?)
I have gained a lot of useful info from them.

Because I have had a few "endo episodes" the last few months,
I decided last week to start a special diet that had been 
recommended to me.

And let me tell you ...
I can only have 15 g of sugar a day.
When you really start looking at all your food
you realize that EVERYTHING has sugar.
Even my daily vitamin has 5g of sugar!

Needless to say it has been hard to find things to eat.
But I have been finding my groove,
and it actually hasn't been that bad.

Until in a cruel twist of fate...

these arrived on my doorstep.
How dare they?!?
They are taunting me from the top of the fridge!

But don't worry.
I am winning the battle.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you need my mailing address? :)

melimba said...

you kill me!
"where is it ever OK to carry that around?" ---hA! I can see you toting it around the valley, "i have endo!"---hAAA!
too funny.

---diets are SO not fun. I am starting the "count calories" game---I hate those stupid nutrition labels. I say, ignorance is BLISS!!! blast them. Good luck with the sugar!
p.s. are your vitamins those gummy bears that they sell at costco? :) hA! jk!

I just finished gilmore girls and am ready to start up a new series. Dawson's Creek, eh? Should I do that one or Felicity? Which one? decisions decisions...

Life, Love and a Lil Sauce said...

Miss! Both are excellent and will suck you in ...

May the force of not letting angst filled teen dramas take over you life be with you!

Are you coming to visit anytime soon?