Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Days 4,5, and 6 of the Vacay

Here are some highlights of my last 3 days in my favorite city ...


This show was brilliant!
Hilarious!
A cast of 4 playing all the characters in a fabulous
old school who-dunnit.
I laughed very hard and very loud.

I then walked here.
Bryant Park.
I really think it is one of my favorite parts of the city.
I love that it is so small and quaint.
I love the charm of the fountain and the  carousel.
I ate a salad from PAX and read.
It was heaven.

That night we went to Madison Square Gardens

to watch them play.

It was a fun game.
We saw Howard Stern
(whose hair is even more out of control in real life!)

And we saw some of the cast of "Gossip Girl"
which made me happy,

because let's be honest ...
he really is my secret boyfriend.

Sunday was church.
It was fun to go to the singles ward and
catch the great vibe there.

Monday before I left I stopped by this place,

and got a dozen of these to take home.
They came in a big clear bag, 
and you would be amazed at how many people
at the airport wanted to be my friend!

They are so yummy and so divine.
I cannot even tell you!

On the second leg of my trip home I ended up having a middle seat.
(Thanks a lot Orbitz for not mentioning that my flight was not non-stop.)
I had carried the dang cupcakes so far already and was tired and grouchy,
and really not in the mood to sit between two people
and try to protect my precious cargo.

A guy came and sat next to me in the aisle seat,
and I was just praying that no one else would come.
Prayer answered!
As soon as they said they were closing the cabin door,
I leaned over and said to Mr. Aisle Man,
"Hey, you don't smell or anything, but I am going to move over."

"Oh, yeah totally. No problem."

"Um, do you care if my cupcakes take the middle seat?"

While smirking and suppressing a giggle he responded, 
"Well of course not!"

"Thanks," I sheepishly responded.

After takeoff he leaned over and asked,
"So are those million dollar cupcakes? What makes them so special that they need their own seat?"

I let him know that I was just trying to be a nice roomie and co-worker and
bring a small taste of NYC back to the people at home.
I told him that we loved cooking and knew
they were a hot commodity.

He said "Well, if you like cooking then you probably know my girlfriend."

I was thinking to my self.
I don't know who you are, let alone your girlfriend.
He told me that he was just coming back from having spent the weekend with her,
and proceeded to pull out his camera to show me her picture.

And this is what I saw...

That is right folks.
Anna from "Ace of Cakes" !
I almost died.
I actually think I squealed out loud.

We spent the rest of the flight talking,
and he told me all that he learned while spending the last few days at the bakery.
I got the inside scoop,
and let me tell you,
it was fascinating!
Thank goodness for those cupcakes,
or we probably never would have talked.

It was a fabulous end to a fabulous trip!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

That is so funny! You don't think he was fibbing, do you?

Life, Love and a Lil Sauce said...

I saw pictures of them making out on his camera, so I'm pretty sure he was for real.

Jenn -- said...

Thanks for sharing your Va-cay adventures in NYC. Someday I will go there for myself, until then, I shall live it through you.