Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 3 Of The Vacay ...

We got up and went and stood in line at the South Seaport TKTS to get some tickets for a few shows.


We then went to Sunshine Sweet Bakery 

for these.
YUMMY!
I loved the lemon.

Next was the Clinton Street Bakery for a little brunch.

So cute!

Then it was this place for some shopping!
I loved the wooden escalators.
We also went to Conways,
and I am pretty sure that I caught 12 communicable diseases while there.

We then got to go see this!
It is in my Top 5 favorite shows,
and this revival did not disappoint.
It was phenomenal!
Great music, big dance numbers, and a great cast.
I think I smiled through the whole thing.

There were a lot of people that I recognized in it ...
Does he look familiar?
He is the commercial king!

And hello! It is Nacedo from "Roswell" !

But the highlight of my night ...
was seeing her perform live,
and then meeting her in person after.

Lauren Graham, a.k.a. Lorelai Gilmore!!!

I wanted to ask her if Rory liked her time on Obama's bus,
and if she and Luke were doing well.
I wanted to ask her if Kirk had come to see her in the show,
and how the Dragonfly was doing.
It made me so happy that she was so nice in real life.

The best part of the show was Titus Burgess and Mary Testa singing 
"Sit Down You're Rockin' the Boat".
BRILLIANT!

4 comments:

Lyndee said...

Your blogg is so sticking cute and commical, could I just copy and paste your entry to mine? People might actually read mine if that was the case :) It was so fun to have you and can't wait till next time!!!!

The Road Less Traveled. said...

You met Lorelai!?! I am so freaking jealous.

Calli said...

Did you know that Lorelai's Dad is married to an LDS woman and came to narrate the MoTabs Christmas Concert last year? I love that you met her.

melimba said...

no way!!?!?!

I JUST barely finished the season finale of Gilmore Girls---this last week via Netflix. Man, I never knew how it ended.

Obama's bus? Luke and Lorelai back together? Logan in San Fran by himself. Man, crazy! I'm sad it is now all over for me. What's another good series to start? Any favorites?

I love that you went to that there big city and saw all them great big movie stars. :)

You go girl. I'm so proud!

p.s. what did you ever think of Logan, Rori's guy? Were you ever a big fan? I don't know if I ever was. He was no Dean or Jess. :) hA!