Saturday, March 14, 2009

Start Spreading The News ...

Just so you know,
this blog is about to come my travel log.
So if you are not interested,
don't read the next 4 or 5 entries.



Last week I jumped on one of these,

and flew here.
NEW YORK CITY!
It is one of my favorite places on earth.

We landed an hour early!
But, of course, there wasn't a gate ready.
After sitting on the runway for about 20 minutes,
Raul, the flight attendant, made the following announcement.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are going to park out between the runways,
and bus you all into a gate,
like a bunch of ghetto children into the suburbs.
Welcome to New York."

I laughed very hard.

While waiting for my luggage in the baggage claim,
a pigeon flew in and started dive bombing people who were waiting.
It was like a scene from "The Birds",
but with a lot of foul language said with a New York accent.

I then climbed into one of these.
It was a mini van, so I was really hoping that it was 
the cash cab from that TV show.
But my drivers name was Jin,
and the cab smelled like urine,
and had a weird sticky stain on one of the seats.

I got to my destination,
and met my old roomie Lyndee!!
It was so fun to see her.
After getting my stuff situated, 
and getting directions from Lynd,

I jumped on one of these,
and went uptown to Times Square

to see this.
And my life was changed forever.

It is no secret that I love the theater.
I love that feeling of anticipation and the energy you feel
while sitting in the audience waiting for that first
note to sound from the orchestra pit.

"In The Heights" was AMAZING!
I sobbed through the second act.
It was so refreshing to see something original,
that wasn't "Disney -fied" .
It was brilliant and such a wonderful story.
Robin de Jesus was fabulous.
I have not stopped listening to the CD since I saw the show.
If you can't tell,
I loved it!

I then took the subway home,
and stayed up way to late catching up 
and giggling with Lyndee.

3 comments:

Cicely said...

Love it! So jealous! I saw your brother last weekend and faked shock at hearing you were visiting your favorite place, New York. He didn't pick up on the sarcasim. LOL

Emily said...

I'm gathering my notes for when I go in August! I'll need your NYC binder too:)
Find any great purses...I know you did!

Danna said...

Mary's purses will be in NY shortly! :)