Monday, June 16, 2008

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

Dear Couple on Aisle 6,

I know that teenage love can be quite tumultuous, but let me give you some words of advice. The grocery store is no place to break up. Andrea, I understand that you were frustrated that your boyfriend text Sarah, but he was only doing it because Brian wanted her to come to the party! Not because he likes her! And I understand that you wanted an explanation, but did you need to get it while standing in front of the salad dressing I needed? I even went and finished all the rest of my shopping and then came back and you were still hashing it out! You didn't even feel the need to move when I awkwardly stood staring at you! Here are some words of wisdom ... don't break up over a text and don't do it at the grocery store. But if you can't help it at least stand in front of items no one wants ... like pickled pigs feet or Funyuns.

Sincerely,

Desperately in Need of Some Ranch

2 comments:

Cicely said...

I couldn't agree more!

The Pratts said...

Maybe they should stand in front of the Midol section, because it sounds like that is probably what they were in more need of. Just a thought.