Monday, June 30, 2008

I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair ...

So in 2nd grade I had a crush on a boy named Greg. He became my "boyfriend" when he picked me to sit in the reading bathtub with him in the reading corner. But a few days later he told me he liked my best friend Leah more and asked her if she wanted to play on the monkey bars right in front of me. So rude!

So that night at home while taking my bath I decided I was going to wash him out of my hair. In my sweet little naive Broadway soul I really thought I could "send him on his way" and I wouldn't have to sit by him the next day. I remember scrubbing my head so hard, and getting in trouble for using too much shampoo.

The next day I was crushed when I saw Greg sitting in his seat. It hadn't worked! But at recess Melvin and Jesse both told me I looked cute in my Brownie uniform so it turned out to be a pretty good day.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Mark came home today from your office and told John his dentist girlfriends said Hi. He gave us his silly smile and rolled his eyes just for you.

Anonymous said...

My dad and your dad have been playing golf on Thursdays. So, the other day I was in Vista and my dad started telling a story about something your dad said. "I was golfing with Kevin Chalk the other day..." "Dad," I interrupted, "you can't call him Kevin. His name is Doc Chalk." Cuz that's what we call him at my house. "I know," my dad said. "You don't know how long it took me to stop calling him that when we're out of his office."

Next time you talk to your dad, tell him my dad's new front teeth look great!