Monday, February 2, 2009

Butterfly In The Sky ...

Another one of my goals for 2009 is to make more time for reading.
I LOVE to read, but have not had as much time lately, and I realize that I have missed it.
So, I decided to read a few of my old favs to get myself going.
Oddly, enough many of them are books I read back in high school. 
I had some amazing English teachers in high school, and because of that I grew to love many of the books that I read while in their classes.

Last week I finished my first "old classic" for 2009.
(Don't worry that I am in the middle of 3 other books right now as well. I like to read a bunch at once.)
Ethan Frome.
I love it. 
Such a tragic and haunting story.
I also love the movie with Liam Neeson.
I am waiting for Netflix to deliver it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I found a journal that I kept in high school, and as I was reading it, I discovered that at one point in 12th grade English, I was almost FAILING! Now I don't know why, but I think, I THINK, it was most likely due to sitting with you, Erin, and a certain Miss Vista (not that we enjoyed sitting with her), and talking all the time about our boyfriends and our future weddings and childrens' names

Unknown said...

I loved that book, too. And I had no idea that Mr. Neeson played him. How perfect.