Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Who Lied?

This is the dialogue from a phone call I received at work last week.

Me: How can I help you?

Caller: Um ... my boyfriend has a really bad toothache and wants to have his tooth pulled. How much will it cost?

Me: It will be about X amount of dollars.

Caller: WHAT?!? We can't afford that ... what should we do? 

Me: You can try the Medicaid office and see if they can help you.

Caller: We can't wait for that. I have been trying to pull out the tooth with a pair of pliers for the last 2 hours, but I can't get a good enough grip. Should I do something different?

Me: (shocked silence) ....  Um, maybe you should stop trying to pull it out and seek some professional help.

Caller: Whatever. I'm going to keep trying. 

Then she hung up on me. 

Why would you try to pull out your boyfriends tooth? 

Who lied?!!