Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Yesterday's Revelation ...

Yesterday was a rainy day,
and so, as I always do on rainy days,

I listened to them.
I just feel like it is the right thing to do.

As I was listening to the song
"I Want You Back In My Life Again"
I sang along ...
and sang this.

"I want you back in my life again,
I don't want to be your emmanuel"

Wait ... What?
Why would you be emmanuel?
Who is he and why don't you want to be him?

Obviously those are lyrics I made up when I learned the song at age 4.

So when I got home I Googled the lyrics ...
the real lyrics go
"I don't want to be your remember when."

How did I get emmanuel?
Pretty sure it was the time of my life when I had a crush on him.

The one and only Emmanuel Lewis.

It is the only explanation I have.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Hilarious! That isn't the same little guy that lives in Payson now and recently got in trouble with the law at a bowling alley, is it?

Unknown said...

How could you not have a crush on that sweet little face?