Sunday, September 21, 2008

Check It Off My List Of Things To Do Before I Die ...

Last night was AMAZING!!! I went to a concert in Salt Lake where I finally got to see my fav singer live!

That is right ... the last leading man himself ... Brian Stokes Mitchell!!

He was phenomenal! He opened with the best rendition of  The Star Spangled Banner I have heard! (Yes, even better then that rendition that Whitney Houston did during Desert Storm that everyone bought single cassettes of for 99 cents at Sam Goody!)

I wept as he sang "Wheels of A Dream" from Ragtime (which is in my top 5 best Broadway musicals) and cried even harder during "The Impossible Dream". It was unbelievable. Seriously, buy it on Itunes. I can't stop listening to it!

It was a wonderful night. Nothing is better than BSM backed by the Mo Tab! I can check it off my list of things to do before I die!

2 comments:

Jenn -- said...

Melissa-
I watched him again on Sunday morning and cried through every song. I am now a true fan. It was fun getting to know you!

Long Family said...

Miss,
I have to agree- I saw it Sunday morning and was so moved. He was incredible!!!

We really need to get together.