Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I'm It ...

So Summer tagged me with a little blogging game ... and now I must share 6 random things about myself. Here goes:

1. As a child of 4 I was in love with my primary teacher at church. His name was Danny Elmer and apparently I thought he was pretty hot. I would walk around the house talking to him (when he wasn't teaching Primary, he spent his time as my imaginary friend) . When I wasn't talking to him, I was kissing the wall (which was him). I would walk around the house laughing at all of Dannys' witty jokes and thoughts and then stop and just make out with him (aka the wall). Listen ... I was a child with a very vivid imagination. Enough said.

2. My absolute favorite way to destress is to take a long, very hot, luxurious, candle lit bubble bath while blaring opera. Call me crazy, but it is one of the few things that truly works for me. Just thinking about it makes me want to go take one, but the roomies are asleep and it isn't very nice to be woken up by Jessye Norman loudly singing negro spirituals.


3. I LOVE slippers! This time of year makes my feet yearn for warm, cozy softness, I have many pairs and constantly rotate them according to my moods. There is nothing better after a long, hard day (or a long, luxurious bubble bath)then to slip the toesies into a great pair of slippers. They make me very happy.





4.My household chore likes and dislikes: I love doing laundry. I love folding clothes and putting them away, smelling delightful. I love cleaning the bathroom (probably because I love a clean tub for the great baths). I love grocery shopping. I love cleaning the fridge and stocking it with fresh, yummy food. I hate cleaning the stove. I hate grating cheese. It annoys me. I hate dusting. It makes me sneeze.

5. I am very particular about glasses ... the kind you drink from. I don't know why, but I am. I hate drinking out of plastic (except for these plastic cups I got in Catalina), and I only like certain glasses. I almost always drink out of a bendy straw ... unless I am drinking out of a goblet (which I usually do while taking a luxurious bubble bath).

6. I am an avid journal writer. I love filling my journals with my thoughts, notes, memories, and dreams. I use it kind of like a scrapbook. I fill it with notes from people and little pieces of memorabilia. I love looking through old ones and being reminded of past moments of life. 

And now you know a little more about me ... 

2 comments:

Katie Zarbock said...

I love you!! I forgot how fun and funny you are. I think your blog is way funnier than "seriously so blessed."

melimba said...

ok, you have WAY too many slippers, my friend! YOU KILL ME!

I can just see you warming your "tootsies" after your bath with a goblet (people really use those? hA!) with opera in the background. You are too funny. And what's with the bendy straws?? if you run out there are a bunch left over from em's party at the snyder home. I bet Denise would allow you to take a few home... just in case! :)

thanks for giving me a laugh! I agree with katie, your blog is MUCH funnier than "seriously so blessed"-- I count myself SERIOUSLY SO BLESSED to be a reader of your blog.
hA!