Monday, September 1, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays ...


Nothing is better than waking up to a rainy day! Especially a rainy day that I don't have to go to work. I immediately got up and opened all my windows and doors. I LOVE the smell of rain! I made a bowl of hot cracked wheat cereal for breakfast then sat on my porch and watched the rain as I ate (I'm sure the neighbors think I am crazy.). I cleaned the kitchen as I listened to the rain and the thunder. Then I jumped in my car and took Doris Day (the name of my car) out for a spin in the rain. I drove to my favorite park, parked, turned the car off and settled in to read (just for you Summer!) and listen to the rain pound on the roof and windows. I LOVE the rain!

But the rain eventually began to subside, and I began to remember that back home there are floors to be vacuumed, calls to be returned, loads of laundry to be folded, and toilets to be scrubbed. So it is back to the daily grind for me, but I'm glad I had a few hours with the rain!

2 comments:

The Pratts said...

Thanks for your reading... I can't wait to chat about it! See you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

doris day. that is cute. remember siegfried and roy? i think mine was Roy. my current car doesnt have a name. But I am gonna keep it until it breaks just like i did with roy. lol