Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Touched ...

                                                                                                        


I have loved reading the NieNie Dialouges for a long time. Even though I didn't know Stephanie personally, I felt like I did and I was saddened to hear the news of her accident. As I have followed her story through her sisters blog, I have laughed, cried, pondered, and stood in awe of how their family has pulled together and the beauty of their optimism and faith. 

Tonight while at the store I saw her adorable daughters. I instantly recognized there sweet cherub faces. I stood for a moment and watched them whisper to each other and giggle as they stood in the aisle. I am amazed at the resiliency of children, My heart has been heavy this past week, but as I looked at those sweet girls I realized that there is such strength in finding the joy in life during hard times. Those girls are a beautiful tribute to their parents. 


2 comments:

Cicely said...

I have been reading about them too! Amazing stuff... I even downloaded some digital scrapbooking stuff on www.twopeasinabasket.com that all the proceeds go to their recovery fund!

Brooke said...

I can't imagine what a challenging time this must be for the Nielsen's children. One of CJane's posts talked about how the kids were looking at a picture of thier mom and the 3 or 4 year old said, "that's my mom". I couldn't hold back the tears. I'm glad to know that they are indeed, able to still enjoy life during this time. The faith of their family is apparent. Thanks for the post.