Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fall-ish Music ...

I have been asked by many what "fall-ish" music means ... I will tell you.

Call me crazy (which you probably will by the end of this post) but for me music falls into seasonal categories. When it comes to fall I like more somber, earthy music. Music that fits a gloomy, cold, rainy day ... like Jack Johnson, Eva Cassidy, Joshua Radin,  or anything acoustic. On a cold, drizzly, overcast fall day I don't feel like busting it out to Sexy Back or Umbrella. I prefer to belt out some Barry Manilow or some Carpenters. 

There are, however, exceptions to this rule ... road trips, or when you are driving alone and are trying to keep yourself awake. Otherwise, I stick to the seasonal.

Does anyone else do this? Or did I just show my crazy side?

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I totally agree! Mandy Moore (yes, I love her)--totally summer. John Mayer--totally fall. But Lifehouse--they're my all-season, go-to loves!