Friday, October 3, 2008

Perspective ...

I am realizing how important perspective really is in the scheme of things. Last week we found out that my brother Davids' cancer has returned. He had surgery today and starts treatment tomorrow. It is times like this when I am grateful for a knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the perspective it gives. I am grateful to know that there is a loving Father in Heaven who has a plan for each of us. I was so grateful for General Conference this weekend and for such incredible talks that buoyed my spirits and helped me realign my perspective. 

I have a wonderful family, and my brother is strong. We will make it through and come out the other end stronger, more compassionate, and with a deeper faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ. 

7 comments:

Cicely said...

I am so sorry to hear about David... you will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

Emily said...

Oh Miss! You guys are a tough bunch. We love you and will pray for you guys. Dave is a warrior!

Danna said...

Please tell Dave he is in our thoughts and prayers. So are the rest of you, I love you!!

Anonymous said...

The Hoyny-Pruett clan has David in our thoughts and prayers!

Trina said...

Mel, I've been thinking of you and your family since hearing about David. You are all in our prayers of course. Dave's one of my kindred spirits. He walked the survivor lap with me at one of our Relays. It's so hard when something like this happens. I too feel blessed to know Heavenly Father has a plan for us. And it is through these tremendous struggles that we learn and grow so much. We are all here for all of you if you ever need anything. I wish there was more we could do, that we could help fight for him. We love your whole family so much! You've all made such an impact on so many lives. :-) love, T

Brooke said...

I checked out David's blog and was inspired by his faithfulness. He's a great guy! He and the rest of your family will continue to be in our prayers.

"The Landlord" said...

I know how hard this must be - my little brother just had major surgery last friday to remove a tumor and several noduals - Hang in there! I know God hears and answers prayers!